- German Mittelstand: Engine of the German economy
- The “German Mittelstand” – turnover of up to €50 million - contributes almost 52% of total economic output
- The “German Mittelstand” employs roughly 15,5 million people. That equates to approx. 60% of all employees subject to social security contributions
- The international turnover of the “German Mittelstand” has been growing for years, and stood at €186.1bn in 2010
- British medium sized businesses represent just 1.8% of companies, but generate nearly a quarter of private sector revenue and make up 16% of total employment
Here are some statistics for European mid-sized businesses that have been back by private equity.